This year for Halloween why not decorate the table for your family meal with something that you make yourself, something that is fun, but still cheap to make?
1. Gourd Candelabras
Grab some fun shaped gourds of multiple different colors and cut out the center of the gourds. These can now be used as Candle stick holders or Candelabras and are great for Thanksgiving or Halloween celebrations.
Once you cut the center out of the gourds they will last for a few days before going rotten and needing to be thrown away.
2. Oven Baked Pumpkin Seeds
- Gather all of the seeds from the pumpkins that you have been carving and place them in a bowl. Make sure that you do not wash or wet them at this point.
- Get some course sea salt and sprinkle a good amount over the top of the pumpkin seeds in the bowl.
- Sprinkle some paprika powder over the seeds as well.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds out in a single layer on an oven tray.
- Place this tray in a moderate oven for 20-30 minutes at about 250 degrees F.
- Keep an eye on them so that the seeds do not burn.
- When they come out of the oven they will be a delicious treat for the whole family.
3. Bloody Popcorn
- Prepare a bowl of popcorn. When it is ready to serve get a bottle of red food coloring and sprinkle a few drops over the bowl of popcorn.
- You can then take it to the kids and tell them you cut your finger in the kitchen and your blood dripped on the popcorn. Watch their reaction!
4. Scary Witches Door Decoration
- Get a large black garbage bag.
- Partially open up the garbage bag so it is flat.
- Cut jagged strips up the bag around 1.5 inches wide and stop around 2-3 inches from the end of the bag.
- Attach this witches doorway to the outside of your front door for a scary appearance.
5. Create a Graveyard in Your Front Yard
- Get some Cardboard or Foam-board
- Cut it into different shaped Tombstones
- Paint Grey with either spray paint or a brush
- Rub some dirt over the damp surface of the tombstone. This will create a feeling of age for the gravestone.
- You can paint some different quotes or sayings on some of the stones, for added effect. For instance, “RIP” or “Here Lies ….”
- Now place these tombstones around the yard and dig into the ground to varying depths.
- Then sit back and watch as the ‘trick or treat’ kids come to your house for Halloween sweets
These are just a few Halloween ideas to make your celebrations even more fun this year and without a high price tag.
Filed under: Halloween Decorations